Domains and Hosting
All Websites Need A Domain Name, Hosting and Regular Technical Maintenance
All these are included in our Managed Website Packages:
For virtually all businesses, we now recommend Premium Managed WordPress Hosting, which is specialist WordPress hosting and provides
- Lightning fast loading speeds
- Advanced security features
- Disaster recovery – free restore
Regular technical maintenance is essential to keep your website running smoothly and to reduce hacking risks.
As software has become more complex, we no longer recommend most clients do this themselves. (We also find it’s not always easy for clients to find the time, in reality, putting their sites at risk).
So all our Managed Website Packages include technical software maintenance.
For more details, Please Contact Us
Your domain name is your website address. So ours is internetpower.co.uk.
- Most of our clients already have a domain name registered, in which case you will normally want us to use this
- If you do not already have a domain name, or you want a new one, we will buy your domain name for you and this is included
- We will help you choose a suitable (and available) domain
We can also purchase additional domains for you and these can be redirected to your main domain and website.
All domains require regular renewal, usually annually, and fees are payable.
- Your main domain renewal is included free with all our Managed Website packages, when we have bought your domain for you
- If we have bought additional domains for you, we can also arrange the renewals
- If you already own your domain, you will need to deal with the renewal
You also need hosting for your website.
Premium Managed WordPress Hosting
For virtually all our business clients, we now recommend this specialist WordPress hosting, with WP Engine, the world leader for this type of hosting.
The benefits include extra fast loading times, which is improves visitors’ experience and helps your search results too. It also offers exceptional security, plus a guaranteed restore in the unlikely event of hacking. For full details please visit the dedicated page.
For a full e-commerce site this may not be suitable – dedicated hosting, on your own server, may be necessary. As a guide, this starts at approx £650 + vat pm.
Hosting For Your Email Accounts
For effective risk management, especially given the ongoing increases in hacking, we now recommend your emails are hosted separately from your website.
There are numerous providers; many of our clients use Google Apps, as we do.
We can provide an alternative hosting at a lower cost, which is suitable for micro businesses and websites which are not critical to your business.
This hosting is provided through one of the world’s largest hosting providers. You can also add up to 5* websites, at no extra cost. (*conditions apply). It does also give you the option of hosting for your emails, at no additional cost, if you prefer, but be aware that there are storage limits, as well as increased hacking risks.
A Word About The Huge Increase in Hacking
Hacking risks are relevant both to hosting and technical maintenance.
- 30,000 websites are hacked every day and it is not just the big, high profile ones like the BBC and Apple that are attacked – security conscious Banks and even the FBI have also been victims
- Hackers also use automated ‘robots’ that simply trawl the web for vulnerabilities in websites, so your site can easily be caught up in their nets
- Email is also vulnerable – and can provide a route into your website, if hosting is shared – and vice versa
- Most hosting providers no longer offer website recovery services – something that they used to offer either free or for a nominal charge
- Repairing a hacked website can easily cost from £300 – £1,500 +++ and if your business relies on your website, it could cost you a lot more in lost sales and leads
Our premium managed hosting offers exceptional and enhanced protection, plus guaranteed restore if the worst happens, which is why we so strongly recommend it.
Technical Maintenance and Security
All websites require technical software maintenance, to ensure they stay up to date, perform optimally and stay as safe from hacking as possible.
We are no longer recommending clients do this themselves for 2 reasons:
- Software has become more complex – making updates difficult
- Many clients do not find the time – putting their sites at risk
Of course, if you do have the resources and expertise to manage the technical maintenance of your website yourselves, you are welcome to do so.
We always install the best software currently available at a reasonable cost, including premium security software, to protect your site. Most software providers issue updates frequently, but over time it may become obsolete.
You can install additional software yourselves, but please be aware that it may conflict with existing software installed.
Please visit Managed Website Services for more details and pricing.
Managed Website Packages
Transferring Your New Website To Your Existing Domain
If you have an existing website, we will build your new website on a demo site. When it goes live, we will need to transfer the new site to your existing domain and our hosting.
We will need your logins and to liaise with your existing hosting and domain providers.
Prefer to arrange your own domain and hosting?
Occasionally we build new websites for clients who already have hosting and want to keep this. This is fine of course, but please be aware that if you are not using our recommended providers, there may be technical and/or cost implications.
We will always discuss your domain and hosting with you, as part of your website and online marketing set up.
To Find Out More, Please Contact Us